Frank E. Dorrin Jr
Cell: (302) 547-0934
Currently working as a Flight Instructor at FlightSafety International in Wilmington. I’d love to do some contract flying in the WestWind or Astra for you.
Type rated in the WestWind & Astra Corporate Jet Aircraft, and SIC typed the Dash-8 turboprop and B-25 warbird. 5,000 hours of overall experience in a wide variety of high performance aircraft. Own and operate a very nice Piper Twin Comanche.
The majority of my career has been working as an engineer and executive for the Pepco Holdings Inc family of utilities. Aviation was done after hours as my passion, and grew into a retirement goal.
In June, 2014, I made the bold move to retire at the young age of 56 years, and pursue a career flying airplanes commercially. I accepted a position with Piedmont Airlines flying as a First Officer on the Dash-8 100 and 300. Six weeks of training in the classroom and simulators down in Charlotte, and I was on the line and flying. This was a dream come true that I enjoyed for 18 months before retiring again to attend to family medical issues.
In December, 2016, I joined FlightSafety and earned two type ratings in the 1124A and 1125 aircraft. Now I’m building time contract flying those and enjoying a significantly improved quality of life at the same time.
Notable aviation experiences:
- Contract Flying corporate jets
- Westwind and Astra Type Rated
- SIC Type in the B-25 Panchito
- Piedmont Dash-8 training – my first type rating
- King Air BE-200 Sim Based training
- King Air C-90 Sim Based training
- King Air C-90 Part 91 Flying
- Cirrus SR20/SR22 Instructor
- Tail-dragger rating in a brand new Citabria
- Aerobatic training in the Pitts-S2B
- VFR formation flying in a Texan AT6 with a P-51 Mustang
- Seaplane Rating and advanced training at Cherry Bottom Fishing Camp
- Glider Training in Tahoe – soled on the second morning
- Helicopter Introductory Flights
- Engineering degree (BSE) from Widener University
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer
- Manager – Control Systems and Network Operations, PHI
- Project Manager – Network Operations Center Implementation, PHI
- Director – Information Technology, Conectiv Energy 2008-2010
- Manager, Application Development, Conectiv Energy 1998-2008
- Consulting Application Developer, Conectiv Energy 1997-1998
- Senior Engineer, Corporate Planning, Delmarva Power & Light 1992-1997
- Various Engineering assignments, Delmarva Power & Light 1981-1992
- Jr Engineer, System Operations, Atlantic City Electric 1980-1981